Events and Local Groups updates from Sherwood Life
As always, your Sherwood Life magazine is full of details of local events and local group meetings but with the challenging times we’re experiencing lots of these are being cancelled. Everything in recent magazines was accurate at the time of going to print, but these are the updates we have received about confirmed changes.
We’ll keep updating this list as we’re made aware of changes and cancellations.
- The Friends of Milton Mausoleum Annual Lunch on Sunday 26th April has been cancelled
- Sherwood Forest Brass Band rehearsals are suspended for the moment
- The Ollerton St George’s Day celebration on Sunday 26th April has been cancelled – they will be back on Sunday 25th April 2021
- All Inspire venues will be closing from Monday 23rd March until further notice. This includes all Nottinghamshire County Libraries, Archives, Arts, 16-18 Study Programmes, Adult, Community and Family Learning.
- The Arts Society Dukeries have cancelled all lectures for the foreseeable future and their study day on 26th March
- Dukeries Woodturning Society have ceased all activities
- Laxton History Group have ceased all activities
- Edwinstowe Historical Society’s meetings are on hold for the foreseeable future
- Nottinghamshire County Show on 9th and 10th May has been cancelled
- All Slimming World groups have been cancelled
- The Friends of Thynghowe’s Spring Thing on 2nd and 3rd May has been postponed – it is hoped a new day can be scheduled in the autumn
- Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark has announced that face-to-face advice services will be suspended for the foreseeable future.People who have already booked appointments should not attend and will be contacted to arrange a telephone appointment. There are a number of ways people can continue to get advice during this time.
- General advice will be given via Adviceline – 03444 111 444. This is open Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
- People can chat online to an advisor by visiting citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us.
- People looking for advice on consumer issues (eg issues related to products or services you’ve purchased) can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 or chat online to an advisor.
- Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444.
- The VE Day Celebration at Thoresby Park has been cancelled.
- Walesby’s Party in the Park on 23rd May has been cancelled
- The National Garden Scheme has closed all garden openings until further notice
- Retford District MS Family Support Group activities and events are suspended until further notice. Anyone affected by MS and in need of advice please contact Retford@mssociety.org.uk and they will see if they can help
- Forest Live, the summer concert series presented by Forestry England, where acts perform in spectacular woodland locations around the country has been cancelled.